Data Analyst, Payments
Data Analyst, Payments
Payments are the core of Stripe’s business, and the groups and teams within Payments are broadly responsible for processing and moving funds at a huge scale.
Stripe’s goal is to make payments dead simple for our users. Internally, we operate a complex network of systems which interact with all parts of the financial system. We build infrastructure for charging credit cards (or other payment methods, like bank transfers or Alipay), integrations with our banking partners to send transfers to our users across the globe, systems that collect Stripe’s revenue and estimate cost, and more. Collectively, these systems power all payments products at Stripe, and we’re looking for talented analysts to come help us use data to understand and optimize these complex processes and serve our users’ needs. Strong analysts are critical to our mission of building world-leading financial products and infrastructure and if this sounds exciting, we hope you will join us!
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to identify important questions around how to define key metrics
- Conduct analyses and opportunity sizing to define addressable markets and operational opportunities for improvement
- Develop compelling dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Communicate results and influence key decision makers, including engineering, and business leaders
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years experience in product analytics
- Extensive experience and passion for metrics and dashboards visualizations
- Highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases; knowledge of R or Python is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering)
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
- A dashboard sample
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.