Oh, this position is no longer open. Sorry!
However, we have more positions like this which still are open.See open positions
Back to all jobs
Senior Data Scientist - Modeling
Remote in United States
Senior Data Scientist - Modeling
At Netflix, our mission is to entertain the world. With 200+ million paid members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages, Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented around the globe.
We are looking for an outstanding data scientist for Member Product Data Science and Engineering. As part of our team, you will build scientific foundations for understanding the member experience, such as engagement and retention forecasts, valuation models, and customer segmentations. This is a rare opportunity to change how Netflix understands its 200+ million members. You will partner with stunning scientists, product managers, and engineers to bring these models to life. This is a high-impact role in which you will have direct influence on how product and strategic decisions are made. You will play a key role in spurring product innovations to drive engagement and retention at a critical moment in Netflix’s history.
In this role, you will:
- Build models to describe the customer experience, including engagement and retention forecasts and valuation models
- Apply modeling and machine learning techniques to business problems at the intersection of product and data science
- Autonomously identify and pursue research with significant business impact, and make compelling cases for prioritization and resource allocation
- Proactively perform data exploration on engagement behaviors to discover future opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from product, engineering, operations, design, consumer research, etc., to develop and deploy models at scale
- Deliver well-documented datasets, tools, and reports to key technical and business partners
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company
We are looking for:
- Experience in building real-world machine learning models with demonstrated business impact
- Strong statistical and modeling knowledge – ideally utilized in predictive and forecasting applications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in statistical modeling and analysis with web-scale data
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and drive product change across a variety of stakeholders
- Strong Quantitative Programming skills in Python or R
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects
- Ability to communicate technical and statistical concepts clearly and concisely among audiences at many different levels.
- Embodies the Netflix values while bringing a new perspective to continue improving our culture
- Plus: Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics or related quantitative field
- Plus: Expert-level facility with forecasting techniques (e.g., ARIMA) and packages (e.g., Prophet) applied at scale
- Plus: Experience creating data products and dashboards such as Tableau
- Plus: Familiarity with software engineering practice and working with APIs