Sr. Analyst, Data Operations
Sr. Analyst, Data Operations
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers who deliver groceries and to the many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) advertisers that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart’s Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Analyst of Data Operations to join the Media/Advertising Analytics team within the Brand Partnership Universe, that is fast growing and in the spotlight with focus to turn rich data into actionable insights. This team is responsible for serving some of the largest advertisers in the world by helping them better understand and improve the performance of their multi-million-dollar media budgets. This role interfaces across the organization and focuses on content ingestion, data quality, data governance, custom reporting, and enriching data. The Sr. Data Analyst will also work closely with Analytics and Product Management teams, in providing actionable insights and support for strategic initiatives. The scope involves both technically rigorous work, tapping into one of the largest pools of first-party data and 3rd party data in the grocery ecommerce space
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop new frameworks to collect data including automated data collection
- Assess/query large datasets to determine the relevant data needed
- Collaborate with Data Warehouse and Engineering teams to manage relevant datasets within the Instacart data warehouse
- Work closely with account managers and insights leads of various CPG/Brand portfolios to resolve data issues, troubleshooting and analysis, and bug fixes
- Develop reports and presentations for various business stakeholders
- Support project stakeholders in developing and reviewing business case submissions
- Work with teams across Instacart on data enrichment and data quality
- 4+ years work experience in a quant role at a product company
- Experience with programming languages such as Python
- Familiarity with Database interface tools, SQL, and Programming concepts
- Experience with Data mapping, Data architecture, Data integration, ETL, and working on large datasets deployed in a complex distributed environment
- Relevant experience within the Retail space along with Snowflake is a plus
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.