Oh, this position is no longer open. Sorry!
Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
Status is an organization building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. We have been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe. We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has a minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
A group of Status Contributors is also involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this particular role will enable you to also focus on this project. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption-resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens.
Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions - paving the way to economic opportunities for those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design. You can read more about Logos in this small handbook for mindful readers like yourself.
- Drive the data strategy definition which supports transformation projects
- Identify data objects and sources existing in the organization
- Create data models for specific areas and processes
- Play a key role in the BI solution implementation project
- Work closely with Business Analysts on requirements gathering for reports and dashboards
- Using tools and techniques to extract data from primary and secondary sources
- Developing and maintaining databases, and data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
- Performing analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data
- Prepare reports and dashboards
- Compiles business intelligence or trends to support actionable recommendations
- Summarizes financial and economic data reports for review by various stakeholders
- Developing and managing business intelligence solutions for the organization
You ideally will have
- Bachelors degree in Business, Management, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Computer and Information Science required; Masters degree preferred
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology
- A strong alignment to our principles
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize, and analyze data
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL and Python
- Technical proficiency regarding database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation.
- Knowledge of data visualization software like Lightdash, Redash, Superset, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Strong business & data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Extremely organized with great attention to detail
- Proven working experience in data analysis
Bonus points if
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organization.
- Experience working on digital transformation projects
- Experience in designing the Enterprise Data Architecture models
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Angel/ Maya People Ops team
- Interview with Manuchehr (PPG)
- Interview with Sasha (Business Analyst)
- Interview with Jarrad (Cofounder)
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status see here.