Oh, this position is no longer open. Sorry!
Data Analytics Team Lead
Data Analytics Team Lead
About CoW Protocol
CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficient venue for exchanging digital assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have passed $19bn (yes, billion) in trade volume, and become the 2nd most popular DEX Aggregator on the market – aiming for #1. If you are a high-performing team player who wants to work on some of the most important problems in Ethereum (MEV protection, batch auctions, and more), we want to talk to you!
Location: We are a fully remote team, and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be based in Europe or remote +/- 4 hours CEST time.
Position: Full-time contractor
About the role:
We are looking for an analytics-focused Team Lead that will support our data organization consisting of data engineers and analysts and help our product, business, and marketing teams make more informed data-driven decisions. You will manage the data team and work with engineers and product specialists across the company to help us gather, compile, analyze and visualize relevant data about our product and market trends.
This is a brand-new position. You will have a unique opportunity to contribute in the early stages of the company’s growth and help scale the data team. Don’t miss it!
What you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to inform product and business decisions and marketing content
- Help the data team to grow, plan and prioritize their initiatives for maximum impact across the company
- Together with experienced engineers on the team, architect and build our data engineering infrastructure for long-term sustainability and success
- Proactively suggest new data types that provide relevant insights to the product/business/marketing team
- Proactively observe and present trends and new insights to the wider team
- Ensure easy access to relevant data trends for all team members
- Connect with the Ethereum community, follow trends and stay up to date about new analytical tools that help extract relevant data from Ethereum
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data-gathering techniques
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience, partly in a leadership role
- You are obsessed with numbers and a firm believer in data-driven decision making
- Familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Proficiency in querying databases and using statistical computer languages (SQL, GraphQL, Pandas, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers using tools such as Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Dune Analytics, etc
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an emphasis on product development
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, yet also able to multi-task and work independently
It’s a plus if you have the following:
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
- High level of autonomy, independency, and ownership
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
- Company tokens
- Work alongside the most significant projects and names of the space
- Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
- But most importantly - grow with us!
Life in CoW Protocol is a fantastic journey, we pride ourselves on the way we work together. We like autonomy, we think big, and have a growth mindset. We value initiatives and ownership. Our work is open source, designed code is publicly accessible - anyone can see, modify, and distribute the code as they see fit.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
We look forward to your application!