Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Python)
Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Python)
Ethyca (https://ethyca.com) is a high-growth Series A remote startup on a mission to make Trust, Respect and Privacy a default feature of every tech stack. To accomplish this, we created the Fides open source language for data privacy (https://ethyca.com/fides/) and its related suite of free developer tools to enforce privacy policies as code, automate users’ right to access and erase their data, and much more. We believe software engineers are uniquely equipped to solve modern privacy challenges, but only if we work together on shared standards and best practice tools - come join our team and help make this a reality!
As a developer-first company, engineering is an integral part of everything at Ethyca. On our rapidly growing Engineering team, you’ll be making decisions that have a significant impact on the product and company. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from both our team and our customers, who happen to be some of the best privacy engineers in the world. You’ll work with a wide variety of technologies and design APIs and features that are rapidly deployed to solve complex data privacy problems at scale.
Our open-source teams are building a new suite of tools to bring privacy best practices directly into the software engineering development process. As a ML engineer, you’ll train and deploy models that streamline the difficult, error-prone process of tracking personal data across the thousands of datasets that power modern web products. We’re building a community of large customers that, quite literally, can learn from each other’s work, but we need you to help us realize that vision!
- Design, train, build, and launch machine learning models to production
- Research and implement techniques for safely classifying personal data at the edge (e.g. federated learning, encrypted computation, differential privacy)
- Ensure high-quality standards for code, testing, documentation, etc.
- Anticipate problems and proactively suggest architecture to stay ahead
- Work autonomously on large software projects that deliver on shared goals
- Collaborate with your team to write technical specs, plan projects, and document your work
- Provide community support and help troubleshoot complex issues quickly and thoroughly
- 4+ years experience developing production machine learning models
- Expertise with Python and one or more ML frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow)
- Some experience with Scala or a similar server language is a plus
- Specialized knowledge of classification algorithms and extracting features from high-dimensional data
- Fluent with automated testing frameworks (unit, integration, E2E) and CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab, GitHub)
- Previous experience working independently in a high velocity environment where rapid iteration is vital (like a startup!)
- Excellent written communication skills and a love for documentation and collaboration
- Comfortable with agile processes and best practices (but not doctrine!)
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage
- Remote-friendly office hours and vacation policy
- Sponsored company lunches and events
- Parental leave and 401K plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristics.
Ethyca is a distributed team with headquarters in NYC and remote workers across the US. When it’s safe to meet again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to NYC a few times a year for company events. We are currently unable to sponsor visas so require that you are authorized to work in the USA.
We’re a data privacy company building a missing piece of the Internet’s infrastructure: the trust layer that empowers users and businesses to manage data respectfully. Every day, we’re solving challenges for customers and thinking about the future of human rights as society increasingly moves online. If this sounds intriguing and you’re excited to shape that future with us, we’d love to talk to you!