Marketing Data Engineer Manager
Marketing Data Engineer Manager
The Marketing Data Engineer Manager manages the daily activities of the team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and support of the data warehouse systems and related data marts. Oversees data design and the creation of database architecture and data repositories, ensuring proper balance between front-end systems and back-end processing and analytic capabilities. Also installs processes for auditing and ensuring data quality. In collaboration with the key stakeholders, execute the strategy surrounding housing marketing data and data enhancement for the organization in alignment with their needs. This entails the understanding of the vision and goals of the DSO organization and successfully implementing and executing the plan and delivering results to the organization in the form of data completeness, attribution and response rates on the data. This individual contributor will report to the Director of Marketing Operations and be a part of the Corporate Marketing team. Remote location is available.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and oversee all data management activities; develop and implement strategy for ongoing control, maintenance and enhancement of existing database, and documenting process and standards
- Develops in-depth understanding of marketing data sources, tables, relationships and integration points
- Manage marketing custom objects in Snowflake
- Manage for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; collaborating with MOPs; coordinating design and programming
- Development and maintenance of process documentation
- Identifying, qualifying, preparing, and connecting datasets for BI and all report wireframes
- Assist with the gathering of requirements to streamline and automate reporting processes
Who we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience database management/architecture
- Advanced Oracle/SQL/database knowledge desirable – specifically Snowflake
- Strong understanding of SaaS platforms such as Marketing Automation (Marketo, Pardot), Sales Engagement (Salesforce, Salesloft, Xant), Digital (Google Analytics, Pathfactory), and Attribution (Full Circle Insights, Bizible)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access: Vlookup, pivot table, etc
- Ability to learn new software applications
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics tools a plus such as: Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability for strategic, outside the box thinking to solving problems
- Able to demonstrate innovation, successfully tackling challenges in new and creative ways in often-stressful, deadline-intensive environments
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology or equivalent technology related degree
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.