Senior Data Engineer (Intent Team)
Senior Data Engineer (Intent Team)
Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies and maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, and close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, and London, and allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for turning a variety of massive datasets, containing highly valuable and sought after data, into products which yield actionable insights for our customers. These pipelines require new and interesting solutions due to the nature of their data size and depth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define: Work with internal stakeholders to develop data pipelines in the next generation of Demandbase's unified framework. Document: Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical design.
- Test: Write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary.
- Code: Build and expand our platform by ingesting data from key third-party services. Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Monitor & Deploy: Ensure high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building reporting and monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure.
- Operate: Own and operate the data integrations, Be a front-line responder for issues filed by customers.
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science required
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer in a data-intensive environment
- Multiple large scale distributed systems or data platforms, including Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, HBase, Elasticsearch, Dataflow, BigQuery, BigTable, Dataproc, etc.
- Experience with Scala and/or Java
- Demonstrated mastery of SQL required
- Experience working with complex datasets
- Operational experience with databases or data warehouses
- Experience with NoSQL databases (HBase, ElasticSearch)
- Strong algorithm & data structure knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
Our benefits include options for up to 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for you and your entire family, $1,000 personal development stipend, flexible PTO policy, no internal meeting Fridays, Modern Health mental wellness platform, Headspace, Ginger, and 13 paid holidays. Plus 401(k), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, and all those good things.
We are a fully remote company with the option to work in an office (San Francisco, San Mateo, Seattle, and NYC) for those who are fully vaccinated and want to get out of the house.