Senior Business Data Analyst - Marketing Sciences
Senior Business Data Analyst - Marketing Sciences
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Data Analytics & Science team at MailChimp drives user growth and retention using product insights and marketing channel optimization for the MailChimp. We are an exciting, growing and fun team that works with industry- leading analytics tools, techniques and best practices
As a Senior Analyst for Marketing Analytics, you will dive deep into our digital acquisition data and campaigns to uncover actionable insights and make recommendations that will influence the company’s strategic decisions.
The preferred locations for this position are: Atlanta, New York or San Francisco. Other remote locations will be considered.
What you’ll do here:
- You will develop actionable insights and recommendations to support and guide marketing investments decisions
- You will provide the leadership team with insights regarding marketing campaign effectiveness and develop data structures, pipelines, and data visualizations that enable them to find insights
- You will develop, maintain and enhance media mix models to measure the incremental impact of marketing campaigns, web tests and structural changes.
- You will bring innovation, agility, automation and continuous improvements to existing models.
- You will Lead analytics for big campaigns/initiatives/tests measurements.
- You will have good judgement with the ability to think creatively and strategically.
- You will communicate results and share actionable insights clearly, concisely and confidently to the broad team and leadership.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a MS/PhD in quantitative fields such as Business, Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or a related field with 3+ years working experience in an analytics related role.
- You are proficient in one of the following analytics tools, such as Python and R.
- You are efficient in SQL, Hive, SparkSQL, etc.
- You have built out media mix models that informed budget allocation.
- You have a deep understanding of statistical modeling and marketing measurement, and a track record of solving problems with these methods.
- You are confident with machine learning techniques and sophisticated analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, econometrics, mathematical optimization)
- You have excellent communication skills and ability to learn fast, and confidence in taking ownership
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.