Data Scientist (Local or Remote)
Data Scientist (Local or Remote)
LOCAL or 100% REMOTE
We’re seeking a talented Data Scientist to join our growing team. You’ll play a critical role on our Analytics and Marketing teams, and be instrumental to driving long-term growth for the company. The ideal candidate has strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, and is excited by the opportunity to navigate large amounts of data to identify patterns, distill insights, and solve complex problems. This is a highly visible role with significant autonomy and the opportunity to work across several teams.
- Play an instrumental role across various data-intensive projects: design A/B tests; use R or Python to process large amounts of prospect data; apply models to identify optimal audiences; process campaign files for execution, and analyze campaign results.
- Use SQL/R/Python to collect data, visualize the situation, identify root causes, and generate recommendations.
- Help drive growth across marketing channels (including Direct Mail, Google, Facebook, etc) by identifying opportunities for optimization and driving continuous improvements.
- Provide analytics support to marketing and other teams: collect problem statements from main stakeholders, generate hypotheses, and draft analysis plans.
- Design and build informative dashboards on the company’s BI platform.
- You have a bachelor’s degree from a competitive institution or equivalent professional experience. A degree in a quantitative field such as science, math, computer science, or engineering is preferred.
- You have 1-4 years of experience in an analytically rigorous role. Bonus points for experience working directly on marketing and growth problems.
- You’re skilled at R or Python. You ideally have hands-on experience with SQL, Excel data analyses, and large datasets.
- You’re familiar with statistical topics including ANOVA, A/B testing, correlation, regression, etc,
- You’re able to think creatively and critically. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- You bring strong interpersonal skills and excel in cross-functional team environments.
“Point provides the opportunity to stabilize your financial situation without adding costly monthly payments.” - Homeowner in Burlingame, CA
Here at Point, we’re helping homeowners unlock the equity in their homes without taking on further debt. With an investment from Point, homeowners can de-leverage and diversify their wealth, freeing them up to invest in their business, renovate and maintain their home, eliminate debt, and tackle all of life’s expenses from college tuition to medical bills. Our equity investment product is an advantageous alternative for homeowners and investors alike. When partnering with Point, investors now have access to a brand new asset class - homeowner-occupied residential real estate. Point is the first fintech product that is truly aligned with consumers’ interests - when the homeowner does well, Point and its investors do well.
As a consumer fintech company, we embed integrity, transparency, and trust into everything we do at Point, including how we work. Whether you’re a homeowner, investor, employee, or candidate, it’s people who power our business. We keep the human experience top of mind.
Experts at work
We’re on a mission to help the 23 million equity-rich, but cash-constrained Americans tap into their home’s wealth. To do so, we have experience and expertise in all areas of the business, especially at the helm. Point’s leadership have previously founded TrialPay (acquired by Visa), Yub (acquired by Coupons.com), Metails (acquired by Buy.com), SiteAdvisor (acquired by McAfee), Affirm, SendGrid (acquired by Twilio), and TXN (acquired by Envestnet).
Championed by the best
Point is a Series B startup that has raised over $50M from leading investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Prudential Financial, DAG Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Greylock, SV Angel and Bloomberg Beta.
PERKS AT POINT
Point provides platinum-rated plans for medical (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente), dental and vision (The Standard). We cover 99% of employee premiums and 75% of dependent premiums.
Take time for yourself and your family when you want - Point has an unlimited vacation policy.
We encourage all team members to attend events hosted by our investors, external workshops and conferences. We believe in continuous improvement and want to support employees on their professional journeys.
Point will top off California PFL earnings to full salary for up to eight weeks, as well as two weeks of fully paid leave to be available after exhaustion of CA PFL. An employee can take reasonable vacation time in addition to the California PFL leave. For employees outside CA, Point will top of PFL earnings in accordance with the state applicable leave laws.
Work From Home Stipends
With employees working remotely, Point will provide employees a $50 monthly cell phone stipend and a $50 monthly internet stipend. In addition, we will reimburse up to $150 to help you purchase supplies for your home office.