Head of Data Science
Saturn Cloud is building an innovative cloud platform for data scientists to do their work using distributed clusters, GPUs, and deployments. Saturn Cloud is used by enterprise customers, small teams, and hobbyists to create analyses, train models, and deploy code in the cloud. We are an early startup with significant funding and corporate partners like AWS, NVIDIA, and Snowflake.
At Saturn Cloud we are looking for a head of data science to help lead our data science team. You’ll be in charge of providing mentorship for the team, prioritizing the work, and coming up with an overall strategy for the group. This is an interesting data science leadership position, because rather than only directly doing data science the team also has evangelism and customer-facing responsibilities. Specifically, this person will manage a team that does multiple data-science related things:
- Customer Success - Creates proof-of-concept projects to show customers the value of the platform for data scientists.
- Data Science Evangelism - Publishes examples, blog posts, webinars and conference talks to promote the product for data scientists.
- Internal Analytics & Data Science - Manages the internal analyses and reporting systems to monitor Saturn Cloud usage.
- Product development - Since Saturn cloud is a product for data scientists, the data science team has a large role in deciding what is important for users.
This is a great position for a leader who both enjoys creating a machine learning model and getting to talk at a conference about a machine learning model.
Candidates for this position should ideally have experience in:
- Data science leadership - this could include managing a team, being a technical lead, or being a senior data scientist and doing a lot of mentorship. Candidates should be comfortable assigning work and mentoring data scientists through it.
- Presenting data science publicly - you’ve written a blog post, given a conference talk, helped run a local data science meetup, or some other activity where you talk about data science with people you’ve never met before.
- R or Python - the data science team at Saturn Cloud uses both languages, so you should be comfortable mentoring in at least one.
What we offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with your growing experience
- 100% remote work, open to candidates anywhere in the US
- Stock options in early-stage venture poised for scale
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage fully paid by the company
- Paid parental/family leave
- 401k Retirement Plan with a 6% match
- Unlimited PTO (with staff expected to use 3 weeks a year minimum)
- A healthy work environment where:
- We value work-life balance
- Everyone’s ideas are welcomed and heard
- Difference and diversity are valued and appreciated