Data Scientist APAC
Data Scientist APAC
Stripe’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses around the world by abstracting away the complexities of payments. The Global team is responsible for building the payment products & infrastructure needed to launch new markets and process payments successfully around the world.
Data scientists work closely with the Global APAC team to help understand our users and build better products. We're looking for a senior data scientist who can work on a diverse set of problems like determining the core metrics and targets for our products and countries, building predictive models for estimating risk, as well as analyzing product adoption & user onboarding patterns. If you are excited about deriving insights from data and motivated by having an impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
- Partner with the Global APAC team and have the opportunity to work closely with APAC leadership, product and engineering teams to demonstrate thought leadership and develop the data science roadmap for the region
- Apply statistical and econometric models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users or products
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of statistical experiments
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Sciences, Economics, Engineering, CS)
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL
- Strong knowledge of machine learning and statistical experimentation
- Prior experience with distributed tools (Scalding, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results
- The ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact