Manager, Metrics & Reporting
Manager, Metrics & Reporting
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle hundreds of billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year!
We are seeking an experienced analytics leader to join our Data Science team and harness the power of our rich data to inform Stripe’s financial and strategic planning. You’ll partner with Finance & Strategy, Pricing, Policy, Data Science and Engineering to develop the team’s technical vision, build scalable business intelligence infrastructure, define and monitor performance metrics, conduct in depth analysis of business drivers, and communicate actionable insights..
- Play a key role in supporting our strategic and financial planning processes through world-class metrics, analysis, visualizations, and data-driven storytelling
- Actively contribute to the design and implementation of scalable, self-serve data products such as business intelligence infrastructure, data marts, dashboards, automated anomaly detection and trend explanation models
- Define and monitor financial and business metrics, establish governance processes, and lead cross-functional initiatives to implement metrics and self-serve tools across Stripe products
- Go deep on understanding business drivers, user segments, cohorts and macroeconomic trends to answer key questions business leaders are wrestling with, and proactively identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Prepare presentations, analyses, metrics and dashboards for Stripe’s executive team and board of directors
- Recruit, coach and develop data analysts and data scientists
- Help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Contribute to data science initiatives as a member of Stripe’s data science management team
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of management experience leading diverse, high-performing teams of data analysts and scientists in a positive work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- 7+ years experience in data analysis and reporting
- Extensive experience and passion for metrics, dashboards, visualizations and in-depth analysis
- Expertise in SQL, data modeling, relational databases, and building ETL pipelines
- Expertise in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker, etc.
- Experience with at least one scientific computing language such as Python or R for data analysis, causal inference and/or modeling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to work cross-functionally, think rigorously, and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- A can-do attitude, empathy, commitment to great results, and genuine passion for learning
- A degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or another quantitative field
Nice to haves:
- Experience with tools for working with “big data” in a distributed fashion such as Spark, Hadoop, etc. and workflow engines such as Airflow, etc.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and causal inference
- An advanced degree in in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or another quantitative field
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.