Oh, this position is no longer open. Sorry!
Applied Data Scientist
Applied Data Scientist
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, ship goods, and do business. Position located in Austin, TX or can be supported remotely.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing their autonomous solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are developing automated trucks to transform transportation.
Join us and take your career to new heights with a company that helped pioneer autonomous technology. You’ll work with an experienced team of people who are committed to creating safer roads, and your contributions will have an impact on the future of transportation.
What you'll do
Direct the teams responsible for applied data science and analytics that utilize analytical, statistical, and programming skills to analyze, model, visualize, and interpret enterprise-scale data sets. Design and implement data modeling processes to create algorithms and predictive analytics and models. Ensure achievement of short and long-term business goals; identify and address barriers to success; promote Torc culture to internal and external parties.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Master’s degree in data science or equivalent; PhD preferred
7+ years of experience in an equivalent role of similar scope and impact
Experience with supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques and experience developing models using TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn or similar libraries
Advanced proficiency with languages like Python and R, data analysis libraries such as Numpy and Pandas, and visualization tools such as Matplotlib, Plotly and Seaborn
- Solid foundational knowledge of big data technologies such as Apache Spark or Dask and cloud platforms such as Amazon EMR, Azure Databricks or Azure HDInsight
Familiarity with large scale columnar data storage formats such as Parquet or ORC, ETL services such as AWS Glue or Azure Data Factory, and object store query engines such as Amazon Athena or Azure Data Lake Analytics.
- Exposure to platforms for training orchestration, versioning, and validation of ML models such as Amazon SageMaker or Azure Machine Learning Studio
- Demonstrated ability to apply the principles of artificial intelligence, database systems, human/computer interaction, numerical analysis, and software engineering
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation