Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grant making and positive actions, we help 650+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
Benevity is seeking a Data Architect to join our Analytics and Insights team. The data flowing through our data platform directly contributes to the decision-making of our internal leaders and analysts in addition to clients running Goodness programs for some of the most iconic brands in the world.
It’s more than building data warehouses and reports; technological shifts are unlocking and repositioning data to be one of the most valuable assets an organization possesses. This role offers a rare opportunity to help contribute to a data ecosystem that truly makes the world a better place.
This Data Architect will be responsible for driving the 360 analytical data acquisition and utilization strategies across Benevity’s Goodness ecosystem while evolving the underlying data platform empowering it at scale. This role will be instrumental in elevating the breadth and depth of analytical insight and data enablement across hundreds of clients and internal stakeholders utilizing data for good.
What you will do
- Lead the logical and physical modelling techniques and standards across analytical sources and channels ensuring interoperability and consistency of enterprise data.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Marketing, Finance, Sales, and Analytic teams to convert business requirements into technical design specifications and decoupled acquisition patterns.
- Design effective organization and formats of curated data sets for re-use across business lines.
- Cooperate with other Architects to ensure consistent translation/interpretation of enterprise architectural decisions, conduct solution design reviews, and arbitrate solution design conflicts across domains/teams.
- Support the Analytics & Insights teams in translating existing domain models from Jaspersoft to LookML and/or Data Build Tool (dbt)
- Partner closely with governance and legal teams to define data governance policies and standards and translate them to requirements for data solution architects for implementation through automation.
- Drive the incremental evolution of our Google Cloud (GCP) / Amazon Web Services (AWS) data platform and partner ecosystem to empower self-service data processing and consumption across analytical, engineering, and client teams.
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise Data Modelling and Data Architecture
- Experience working with Big Data in GCP (primary) and preferrably AWS
- Strong understanding of data integration concepts including metadata management, quality management, computational governance, data manipulation and acquisition paradigms
- Exceptional knowledge of SQL and RDBMS (e.g., MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL) and experience designing analytical models (3NF model, Star Schemas)
- Solid working experience with data transformation and streaming technologies like dbt, LookML, debezium, Kafka, Spark, Flink, Beam
- Proficiency with GCP’s suite of tooling and paradigms including Biq Query, Data Catalog , IAM, and serverless/managed data solutions.
- Self-motivated, interpersonal and impact-oriented
- Strong technical project management and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or equivalent working experience
Change the World Through Technology
If you want to use your skills, voice and vision to create and improve products for the world’s coolest companies, Benevity is the place for you. You’ll be part of a tech transformation at a high-growth company that is changing the way businesses and people do good in the world.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/homework environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want to play an integral role in a tech transformation, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.