Security Data Engineer
Join the team as our next Security Data Engineer.Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to design and build a scalable metrics platform to provide actionable insights about the organization's security posture. Mentor teammates on building data models for broader data initiatives across the organization.
As a Security Data Engineer you will design and build data integrations, ETL workflows, data models, and manage the data warehouse and business intelligence software that drives strategic business decision making across the security organization. You will partner with product managers, security engineers, and stakeholders to make sure that the data we provide is accurate and supports stakeholder use cases, and can be leveraged by both technical and non technical roles.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Build efficient and scalable solutions that enable stakeholders to self-serve insights and KPIs for reporting and investigation.
- Build, influence, and maintain the infrastructure that supports efficient extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using modern business intelligence tools.
- Assemble and normalize complex sets of data that senior leadership can trust to make key business decisions.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to help them design effective metrics and incorporate their data into the data warehouse.
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and projects.
- Use agile methodologies that drive project planning and tracking.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3-5 years of data engineering experience in a fast paced company that delivers software.
- A deep understanding of designing and building highly scalable, production grade data warehouses and end-to-end data pipelines.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau and Looker.
- Fluent in writing and optimizing SQL, with demonstrated strength in writing complex, high-optimized queries across large data sets.
- Familiarity with AWS services such as Glue and Redshift, and DevOps tools
- 2-3 years experience working in the information security space.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Java, Python, or similar.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships and influence leaders across teams; comfortable working with both technical and non-technically teams.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, can move forward without a charted path, and iterate as you learn along the way
This role will be remote in the USA.
Approximately once a quarter travel is anticipated.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 - $165,400
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.