Marketplace Insights Lead, Data Analytics
Marketplace Insights Lead, Data Analytics
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring and driving fulfillment health across all markets in the U.S and Canada. You will develop strategies and tools to enable in-depth analysis of core metrics to ensure high levels of efficiency and quality for Shoppers, Retailer Partners, and Customers.
You will work cross functionally in a very dynamic environment, with a relentless drive for enabling continuous improvement and optimization of core metrics. The ideal candidate will have a knack for identifying unusual patterns, a keen eye for detail, and is passionate about investigating problems to determine root causes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Analyze fluctuations and outliers in key metrics (Ex: supply/demand forecasts, efficiency, utilization, availability) and work cross-functionally to make system adjustments
- Create weekly market analyses and presentations shared across product, engineering, and data science teams to identify and reduce operational inefficiencies
- Partner with multiple product teams to provide operational guidance in launches and experiments
- Partner with data science to create and optimize processes for monitoring performance and identifying anomalies to ensure objectives are consistently met and improved upon
- Drive analysis behind tactical adjustments in ambiguous environments (e.g. weather, holidays, seasonality) required to maintain an efficient marketplace
- Provide value-added analysis, context, and support to cross-functional teams and stakeholders to continuously improve system performance, tools, and team efficiency
- Play a critical role in launch/expansion work-streams, as well as other logistics-related initiatives
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- 3-4+ years experience in data analysis, business intelligence / insights, corporate strategy, or equivalent consulting experience
- Capable of quickly understanding various operational metrics and products, and how they interact
- Effective prioritization and ability to balance quality and speed in a time constrained environment
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership with a get-it-done attitude
- Ability to aggregate and synthesize large amounts of data and leverage a deep understanding of micro and macro fulfillment metrics and systems to drive insights
- Analytical mindset: able to quickly detect anomalies in performance metrics and trends, form hypothesis for investigation, and draw conclusions by conducting nuanced analysis
- Inquisitive nature: develop mastery of topics by proactively seeking answers to anticipated questions
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to lead meetings and synthesize complex topics by creating compelling narratives for various stakeholders
- Eagerness to spot inefficiencies and improve broken processes in a constantly changing environment
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Excel / GSheets for data analysis
- Proficient with Powerpoint / GSlides for effective communication
- Experience working directly with product/engineering teams on scalable process solutions
- Experience in a growing, large-scale operations environment and/or multi-sided marketplace
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.