Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Quality isn’t just a goal. It’s the whole point.
Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But to compress lifecycles, add features, and compete in a world where ‘every company is now a software company’ is hard. And one mistake can mean their reputation, even future. That’s why it’s our mission to help. At any part of their software development lifecycle (SDLC), we provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining their processes. So our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed – especially when it’s needed most. And we’re looking for people to join us.
About the position:
To build and extend SmartBear’s success and growth, we are looking for a skilled Machine Learning leader in a newly formed AI group. The team will work on computer vision, natural language understanding, test data/code/case generation, test case prioritization, software quality predication, as well as other AI and data analytics projects for all SmartBear products.
- Specify machine learning problems by analyzing product use cases and operation data
- Lead the development of end-to-end machine learning pipelines, from data digestion to solution deployment, in collaboration with other R&D teams
- Optimize machine learning solutions by employing deep learning architectures, implementing advanced algorithms, processing relevant data and training machine learning models
- Acquire state-of-the-art machine learning knowledge by following the latest development of the field
- Coordinate and assist other staff members in the machine learning development process
- A Ph.D. degree in computer science, data science, electrical and computer engineering, or applied mathematics
- 5+ years working experience in machine learning area with a technical leadership role
- Extensive experience in developing complex machine learning solutions using Python (or relevant program language) and deep learning framework (PyTorch or Tensorflow)
- Hands-on experience in sequence-to-sequence modeling, GPT, deep-learning based natural language processing and/or computer vision
- Hands-on experience in using cloud computing infrastructure in Google, Amazon or Microsoft
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to dive into details of algorithms and experimental results
- Comfortable to communicate and interact with ML engineers, software developers, and product managers about technical details
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.